February Half Term in and around St Davids
February half term break is fast approaching, and you’re looking for a holiday option that will keep the kids entertained, give you a chance to let your hair down and make sure you’ve spent quality family time together. Only an hour off the M4 and with a whole host of activities to keep you going all week, St Davids Escapes can offer you the best family half term holiday in and around St Davids. Here are 7 activities we know you’ll love – one for each day of your holiday!
- There’s nothing more that little ones love than to stomp around in sand and mud in their wellies. And in Pembrokeshire, we have sand and mud in abundance! Come to Whitesands beach for a paddle in the sea or choose one of Pembrokeshire Coast’s stunning 186-mile stretch to walk – choose a safe walk for your family here.
Come and meet (and eat) some of the world’s best bugs at The Bug Farm, St Davids. This is a unique February half term activity that we’re sure you won’t forget! Come and meet some fascinating invertebrates in the Tropical Bug Zoo, head to the Nature Hut for games, learning and crafts for the kids, and then finish the day off with a bug burger or a cricket cookie at Grub Kitchen – yum!
- Summer isn’t the only time to brave the sea – this February half term, St Davids based adventure company TYF are offering families the chance to go coasteering, kayaking and surfing as a group. Grab your wetsuit and your sense of adventure and get splashing!
- For an insight into Pembrokeshire’s colourful industry, head over to Melin Tregwynt, north of St Davids. This woollen mill has been in action since 1819 and its patterns are well-known and sought after worldwide. Take a child-friendly tour of the working mill and finish off with a home-made meal at its new café – they even cater for dogs!
- Want to make this February half term really memorable? Then give Voyages of Discovery a call and take the family (including toddlers) on a boat trip like no other! Tour Ramsey island, renowned for its puffin population, or go dolphin and seal spotting around the rugged and dramatic coastline.
- Did you know that this part of the UK was the spot of the last invasion of Britain? Join in with the family-friendly Last Invasion Walk in Fishguard, a 25-minute drive north of St Davids, on the 20th of February. Learn about the wily Welsh women who fought off the French in 1797 using only their cunning and their military-looking traditional costumes. Oui Yes!
- Round off a February half term of fun in the fresh air with a large dollop of locally made ice cream. You deserve it after all that adventuring! Head to Pointz Castle Ice Cream near Solva, where you can choose from their delicious range (our favourite is Sea Salted Caramel), meet the cows who produced the milk, play off that sugar rush in the play barn or take a walk down to the small beach via the coastal path. Bliss!
There’s so much to see and do this February half term that we’re sure that your trip to St Davids and its surroundings won’t disappoint – and we can guarantee that, if you stick to our list, the kids will sleep all the way home!
For our range of cosy cottages for your perfect family break, please look here. If you like this article, please share on social media – don’t forget to check out our blog for more activity ideas in Pembrokeshire.